Dry skin is the worst! It’s unsightly, itchy and can be very uncomfortable. That’s why it’s no wonder men and women prefer a moisturizing body wash. This guide will provide you with reviews of the top ten moisturizing body washes, pros and cons of each one, and advice on what you should know before buying.
What You Should Know Before Buying/Using Moisturizing Body Wash
We know soft, healthy skin is important to you and this is why we’ve created this guide. Our goal is to help you make a smart consumer choice to enhance your skin care regime. Before you buy, consider the following factors:
- Ingredients: Do you have sensitive skin? Is organic important to you? There may be ingredients you want to avoid such as parabens and sulfates. Read labels carefully.
- Lifestyle: If you are active, consider a body wash with essential oils to soothe soreness. Are you a swimmer? If so, you might want to choose a moisturizing body wash created specifically to remove chlorine and its smell from your skin. If you have especially dry, rough skin then look for Aloe Vera, oils, petrolatum or Shea butter in the ingredients for maximum moisturization.
- Scent: Naturally you’ll want a scent you find pleasing so don’t be afraid to try several products to find a fragrance you like. You may find one you love so much it becomes your signature scent.
Although marketed for babies, this is also great for your whole family. It contains oatmeal which proven to soothe eczema or other skin irritations. It also contains calendula which works to moisturize and soothe skin. This is an organic product that contains vitamins, anti-oxidants, chamomile and watercress
- Works exceptionally well on dry skin
- Has a nice, pleasant smell
- Can be used as a body wash or as bubble bath
- It is a bit pricey
- Some may find the smell a bit too strong for their liking
This is an aromatheraputic, cruelty-free and vegan product. It contains vitamin E, aloe and olive oil. The body wash is formulated without parabens and has no added fragrance. It’s a great choice for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Perfect option for those who are environmentally-minded
- Helps with healing acne
- Washes off easily; leaves no residue
- The bottle could be better designed; tends to leak
- Takes quite a bit to get a good lather
- A bit expensive
This body wash contains what OGX calls a moisture lock system. This is a nice choice for anyone who has extremely dry skin. The body wash is an oil-based product with a creamy texture. It contains willow bark and sugar cane to help promote cellular renewal.
- Consider this if you have a skin condition such as eczema as it should provide relief
- A little goes a long way so expect the product to last awhile
- Easy to wash off
- Claims to not contain sulfates but does contain sulfonate
- May find you need to use a lot to get a nice lather
This is only one of J.R. Watkins many products made to cleanse and condition skin. If you are hoping to relieve stress, citrus scents have been proven to help. The grapefruit scent in this product is amazing. It’s suitable for all skin types and will not strip your skin’s natural moisture.
- Paraben free and gentle on the skin
- Rinses nicely without leaving residue on the skin
- Good for the whole family; men should find the scent not overly feminine
- Some may find it not as sudsy as they desire
- A bit expensive purchased in bulk
Nivea is a leader in skin care products and have been in the business for over 125 years. This is a brand you can trust. This body wash contains bamboo extract and has a nice orange blossom scent. It was developed with what Nivea calls their Hydra IQ Skin Technology which provides skin with long lasting smoothness and no greasy feel.
- Inexpensive; great product at a great price
- This will last awhile as a little goes a long way
- A mild scent that is suitable for men and women
- Some may find this not as sudsy as they desire
- Those with sensitive skin may want to use this product cautiously
Nivea makes our list again! This time for men. This is a 3-in-1 product that refreshes, hydrates and cleans. Aloe Vera is what gives this body wash its hydrating quality. It has a clean scent with no over-powering fragrance
- Suitable for most skin types
- Lathers nicely
- Washes off easily with no greasy feeling left on the skin
- Some may find the formula too thick for their liking
- If you have overly-sensitive skin you may want to use this product cautiously
Dove, another leading brand of skin care, created a body wash that is recommended by dermatologists. The reason is because this is a gentle and mild formula that won’t irritate skin. It is suitable for daily use and contains what Dove calls Nutrium Moisture™. This allows skin to retain its natural moisture while at the same time delivering skin nourishment.
- A nice scent; soft and somewhat sugary
- Lathers well and rinses off easily
- Does an excellent job of hydrating skin
- Some men may find the scent too feminine
- This product may be too thick for some users
- Skip a wash cloth; you’ll get the best results by using a shower pouf or loofah
Aveeno is well-known for products that relieve skin issues such as itching and eczema. The active ingredient in this body wash is natural colloidal oatmeal. Oatmeal is commonly used to help in restoring skin’s natural PH balance. It also acts as a skin protectant. Great option for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Suitable for men, women and children
- Very affordable
- This product is limited in chemicals and fragrance
- Don’t expect much lather with this body wash
- Some may find it leaves skin feeling a bit greasy; rinse thoroughly
- May leave a soap scum type residue in your shower/tub
This is a combination of hydrating cream, fig extract which serves as an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial properties as well as Hibiscus extract. It not only moisturizes but it can also heal dry skin. It is paraben free and cruelty-free. It’s been allergy tested and should be suitable for those with sensitive skin.
- The scent is quite pleasant without being over-powering
- A little goes a long way so expect the product to last for awhile
- Does such a great job of moisturizing you may find you don’t need to use lotion
- It is expensive
- Note that you will need to rinse thoroughly to avoid a greasy feeling on your skin
Puracy’s body wash is a coconut-based product with clinical grade moisturizers. The sea salt balances and purifies skin while the citrus scent is both pleasant and energizing. Puracy uses only natural preservatives and no harsh chemicals. Their products are created by doctors and safe for all skin types.
- Non-toxic, vegan and cruelty-free
- Suitable for men and women
- It only takes a little to get a good wash so expect the product to last for awhile
- Some may find the price a bit too expensive
- Users might experience problems with the pump not working properly
With so many options on the market, we understand choosing the best moisturizing body wash may be difficult. We hope this guide will help. Remember to be mindful of ingredients if you have sensitive skin.
Don’t be afraid to try various scents and brands. Read reviews from consumers who have used body washes in which you’re interested. Our experts have provided the bulk of the information for you so all that is left for you to do is shop and shower!